Friday, December 19, 2008

CHRISTMAS TIME IS HERE AGAIN!

This year, I've been in a complete funk concerning Christmas. We haven't decorated the outside of the house, we haven't put up our Christmas tree. All I keep thinking about it is....we're not going to have a Christmas this year. You see...this year there will be no presents under our tree. Dan works in the automotive field; his company laid off 400 workers during the past two weeks. Money is very tight and we have to prepare for the worst! So we're not having Christmas this year.

How stupid does the above paragraph sound...VERY! You see, I fell into the typical commercial Christmas funk. I forgot what Christmas was really about....it's not about presents, decorations, or even a tree.

Christmas is really about the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. We couldn't ask for a better gift than what was given to us before we were born. Now some of the things I'm thankful for this Christmas are my gifts this year...
  1. The birth of our Savior Jesus Christ
  2. My wonderful husband and kids
  3. The fact Dan is still working during these rough times; when so many from his job were let go and he was spared!
  4. I passed my iodine sensitivity test, so I can be placed anywhere in nursing!
  5. Wonderful friends...Doreen, Chris, and Adam
  6. We have a house to live in, lights, heat, and food to fill our tummies.
  7. We have warm clothes....good thing as I keep the heat on 65 most of the time!
  8. I have my Rotties....Lexie and Molly to snuggle with to keep warm; Gracie too!
  9. A grumpy dad & Marcia; Dan's dad & Penny
So even though we won't have presents to open Christmas morning; we have many gifts to be thankful for this year! Hopefully the kids will feel the same!

No comments: