How stupid does the above paragraph sound...VERY! You see, I fell into the typical commercial Christmas funk. I forgot what Christmas was really about....it's not about presents, decorations, or even a tree.
Christmas is really about the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. We couldn't ask for a better gift than what was given to us before we were born. Now some of the things I'm thankful for this Christmas are my gifts this year...
- The birth of our Savior Jesus Christ
- My wonderful husband and kids
- The fact Dan is still working during these rough times; when so many from his job were let go and he was spared!
- I passed my iodine sensitivity test, so I can be placed anywhere in nursing!
- Wonderful friends...Doreen, Chris, and Adam
- We have a house to live in, lights, heat, and food to fill our tummies.
- We have warm clothes....good thing as I keep the heat on 65 most of the time!
- I have my Rotties....Lexie and Molly to snuggle with to keep warm; Gracie too!
- A grumpy dad & Marcia; Dan's dad & Penny